The Membership year for EDOWSC and the ASA runs from 1 Jan to 31 Dec. We hope everyone enjoyed swimming with us in 2015 and will renew their membership by 31 January to to continue doing so this year and enable the Club to make its required full membership return to the ASA by mid-Feb.
Please complete the Membership / Renewal form either
- online by visiting http://dev.eastdorsetowsc.org/about/joining-the-club (scroll down to see an online form) or
- by downloading ‘EDOWSC Membership Form 2016.doc’.
The form includes
- Membership Registration Form,
- Risk Disclaimer Form
- Skills & Qualifications Form (if appropriate).
- Distance Swimmer Form if you intend swimming outside patrolled areas, for which you will be required to wear the Club’s Green Hat.
Please return paper forms to Matt Smith at the address detailed below.
- if you are already a 2016 paid-up ASA Member of another club £22,
- if you are not an ASA Member with another club then the fees* are £35 for a Category 1 swimmer or £50 for a Category 2 swimmer payable to EDOWSC.
* Fees include amounts due for ASA, Regional and County ASA affiliation. If you are a swimming member and don’t know what a Category 2 swimmer means, you are likley to be Category 1 (please visit
http://www.swimming.org/asa/clubs-and-members/categories-of-membership/ for an explanation)
How to pay
You can pay your EDOWSC fees via PayPal (preferred) or by cheque or bank transfer.
- CHEQUE: Please make cheques payable to EDOWSC and return with your completed forms to this address:
Matt Smith, EDOWSC Membership, 22 Bingham Avenue, Poole, Dorset. BH14 8NE
- BANK TRANSFER. The details are below. Please enter your name in the Reference box so we know who has paid. You also need to post your completed forms to Matt and email firstname.lastname@example.org confirming you have transferred the Funds.
Name: East Dorset Open Water | Sort Code 30-96-73 | Account: 03121165
Please remember to return completed renewals and payment by 31 Jan at the latest.
It is planned to have our first swim in early April 2016, dependent on the weather. As usual we will be meeting at Shore Road at 6pm. Further details will be circulated closer to April. The Sunday swims will recommence in May.
The Club is running the Seahorse Swim on 3 July. It is also hoped to organise other events during the summer, so check the website for details as they become available.
If you have any Membership queries please contact Matt Smith by email (email@example.com) or by phone (07920 193051).