The wait is now over and the details for the 2012 swim are now on the RLSS Poole Lifeguard website.
19 August 2012
(* £5.00 surcharge for late entries or for any changes made. Entries or changes are NOT permitted on, or up to 14 days before the event.)
Report to the Lifeguard HQ from 06:30 for registration and all swimmers need to be on the Island by 09:15. The start will be from the Castle Beach at approx 09:45.
- A Ferry trip to and from the Island and free entry onto the island for swimmers.
- A Brownsea Island Swim 2012 memento for all swimmers successfully completing their category.
- A Brownsea Swim Challenge T-shirt. Be sure to indicate the size you require on your entry form.
- Plaques will be awarded to the 1st three places in each category.
- At the finish hot soup and bread roll freshly made by the kitchens of the Brownsea Island Castle.
For the first time, friends and family of swimmers will be welcome to watch the swim from Brownsea Island in partnership with the National Trust and John Lewis. The National Trust are chartering a Spectators Ferry which will depart from Sandbanks at approx 09:15. There will be a boat fee of £5 for adults and £2.50 for children (under 5s travel for free). You will need to indicate on the swim entry form how many friends or family you might want to come across to the Island. A Spectator’s guide will be included in your race pack.
The Online Entry Form is only available from their website.
If not a member already – why not join the “Brownsea Swim 2102” facebook group to keep up to date with notices and fellow swimmers.