Please find below details of a training opportunity and advise your network contacts.
Date: Monday 17 September 2012 (10am to 4.30pm. Registration from 9.30am.)
Venue: Dorset Youth Association, Lubbecke Way, Dorchester, DT1 1QL
Price: £42 per person
Learn how to produce an effective fundraising strategy.
Fundraising without a strategy is like trying to find your way round a foreign country without a map, directions or any food and water. This session will equip you with the basics on how to produce your fundraising strategy and steer your group safely and smoothly towards its ultimate goal.
The training will be delivered by the Institute of Fundraising and is being jointly organised by Dorset Youth Association and Dorset Community Action.
This workshop is for Fundraisers from those who wish to develop a plan to access and secure support from a range of funders.
The session offers practical insight, tips, and techniques, and is led by practitioners with extensive experience of working with charities.
What will be covered?
- Getting started: the law, best practice and ‘the rules’
- Where is your organisation now?
- Where does it want to get to?
- How is it going to get there?
- Delivering on the strategy
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Identify relevant regulation and best practice in fundraising
- State how to build a fundraising plan
- Construct the outline of a fundraising strategy for your organisation
Booking: The cost of the course is £42 per person. Register here.
ONLY Tea and Coffee refreshments will be made available. Please make sure you bring your own lunch.
The Coach House
Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1EF
Phone: 01305 250921