Sunday 2 August 2009 with a Noon start at Sandown. Registration will be held in the Sandown Inshore Rescue boathouse from 10.15 am to 11.15 am.
The 2009 event will be hosted by the Isle of Wight Marlins Swim Club and Shanklin Regatta Committee. As the event becomes ever more popular attracting Open Water swimmers from both near and far, this will inevitably mean that the event may be oversubscribed. In this case it will be necessary to limit the numbers of entry for the safety of all swimmers and entry forms will be accepted on a strictly first come first served basis.
At present over 300 swimmers have expressed an interest in or previously particpated in this event, so to avoid disappointment be sure to return your applications promptly by post, not e-mail, as they will only be accepted if they are accompanied by the entrance fee cheque.
For insurance compliance, please note the following, which include but are not limited to :
- The start will be from the beach.
- Minimum age for participation – 18 years.
- Limitation on entry numbers.
- Strict swimmer to support craft ratio adherence.
- No personal accident insurance cover for swimmers over 70 years or swimmers who are not members of the BDLSA.
Other points to note are :
- Details and map will be sent with entry confirmation.
- Certificates will be awarded to all those completing the course.
- Trophy award categories on separate document.
- Wet suits are permitted but will exclude the swimmer from competing for any of the awards.
Download more information and entry form