93 swimmers started the 2010 event for male and female wetsuit and non-wetsuit swimmers. We’ll bring you full results shortly. Meanwhile take a look at some pre-race interview clips below.
We would like to thank:
- RLSS Poole and Branksome Lifeguards for organising excellent safety cover on the day and help with our pre-event risk assessment.
- St John’s Ambulance for being there!
- Our Referee Bob Cooper for giving us the benefit of his experience and pre-race support
- Anthony King and his crew for setting up the marquee
- Phil Pickering for inspiring our imagination to run the event at Studland and for the use of his boat.
- The National Trust for allowing us to hold the event in such a beautiful setting
- The Studland Seagrass and Seahorse Study Group for helping to protect our local environment
- Local artist, Donna Stacey for the wonderful original Seahorse canvas and allowing us to use the prints as prizes.
- Photographers Danni Callahan and Naomi Vides
- Our Club members and volunteers for all the hard work work they put into making the event such a success
- All our competitors for turning up on what was probably the hottest day of the year with an England – Germany match in the afternoon.
Hopefully we haven’t missed thanking anyone!
We will be posting a gallery of photos and videos from the event shortly. Meanwhile, enjoy some of the interviews with competitors and helpers.
Editor’s note: Fabio, consult Yvonne pre-match (if there’s a) next time.
Apologies for the vehicular beeps in the background audio in this video!