Our original intention was to hold a 3.8km swim which was open to wetsuit and non-wetsuit competitors. The start was delayed due to weather conditions. With the offshore sea mist only clearing slowly and the safety of swimmers paramount, a decision was made to adapt the course from a triangular one to a 3.6km race parallel to the shoreline.
We’d like to say a very big thank you to RLSS Poole and RLSS Bransksome Lifeguards, the National Trust, St John’s Ambulance and to all our volunteers for all their support – without their commitment prior to and during the event, it couldn’t have taken place.
We’d like to thank
- Les Debenham of ASA SW Region for starting the race
- Andy Wright of BLDSA for presenting our awards
- Mark Shakles and David Ayres for helping us deliver the event safely and their support on the day.
- Local artist Heather Brown for donating the beautiful Seahorse prints
Special thanks must go to Bob Holman and Ali Budynkiewicz.
Swimmers from all over the UK entered the race. We hope to see you all again at one of our future events.
Click to view overall and category placings.
Links to Seahorse Swim 2011 Gallery
- Set 1 – Presentations made by Andy Wright of BLDSA.
- Set 2 – Videos of race finishes
- Set 3 – Videos of Presentations and Thanks
Updates from the day follow.