Update 22 June: The 2013 Seahorse Swim will go ahead. On Saturday the sea was fairly flat at Knoll Beach and we will swim a course appropriate for a competent open water swimmer. The safety team will review conditions on Sunday and if there are ‘lumpy’ spots, will determine whether to shorten the course distance. See you there!
The fourth annual 3.8km Seahorse Swim on 23 Jun 2013 is now full.
The swim for wetsuit and non wetsuit competitors, aged 16 and over, across Studland Bay, near Swanage on the Isle of Purbeck, Dorset will be held by kind permission of the National Trust and in support of the Seahorse Trust and in affiliation with the BLDSA .
Please find below competitor entry status updated as at 18 June 2013. Applicants had until 26 March 2013 to remit payments or otherwise forfeit their application with their provisional place offered to a reserve.
Following withdrawals, on 11 June, we reopened entries received on a first come first served basis with correct payment (online only) and sent invitations to pay to enter the Seahorse Swim to all those swimmers we acknowledged had expressed an interest in being a Reserve for the event.
All places have now been taken.
Due to the current lower than average sea temperatures we extended the period in which we allowed swimmers to change category (non-wetsuit / wetsuit). No further category changes will now be permitted. Please email us immediately if you wish to withdraw.
An explanation of status codes follows:
P – Awaiting payment
Q – Awaiting response to query
L – Entry lapsed
[table id=43 /]
[table id=44 /]
[table id=45 /]
[table id=46 /]