14 August 2016. The new name for this club event is to be confirmed and may change again.
Post publication note: A more detailed programme and briefing has subsequently been issued, but an outline is as follows:
- Meet in the Worth Matravers car park on Sunday 14 August at 0900 for a 0930 departure. Walk to Winspit for the first swim and return.
- Drive to Tynham Village, park and walk to Worbarrrow Bay for second swim. Return to car park for a picnic lunch.
- After Lunch, drive to Lulworth Village and park at the NT Car Park. Third swim from Lulworth Cove to Stair Hole Cave and return. (Retain Car Park ticket)
- Drive to NT Car Park at Durdledoor for final swim through the Door.*
* Safety advice will dictate in which order we do the afternoon swims’
A few additional points:
- Hopefully we’ll be gifted with good weather and it will be an ideal day for families and friends to join us.
- This is a wild swim for confident sea swimmers. As with all informal activities of this type, you swim at your own risk on this magical mystery tour.
- Swims will be limited to 1km and where possible we’ll stay together when swimming.
- In the event of an inclement weather forecast, a go no go decision will be made PM Friday 12 August.
- A more detailed programme and brief will emailed during the first week in August.
- For those who regularly use the Purbeck coast for swimming or walking; – I highly recommend a map published by: www.littlemapco.co.uk A waterproof, durable OS map 1:40,000 scale covering Poole to Weymouth.
- Finally, it would be very useful if you’d email Clive Grant (email@example.com and Joan firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to take part, with an indication of how many others will be in your party. You might wish to consider car sharing – this will be left to club members to coordinate between themselves.
- Pray for good weather!